Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Top 5



I actually got out this weekend and went to a museum it was awesome, here's more of what I'm excited about now!

1. Ansel Adams
I got to see some of his favorite photographs at an exhibit this weekend, it was so great to get out and be inspired. His photography is amazing!
this is my new favorite



2. Plants that look like other things.
My friend shared this link with me a while ago, but it still amazes me how awesome orchids are!
monkey face orchid


3. Summer Movies
Summer is ending soon, but there are still some great looking movies I have yet to see.
Like Phillip Seymour Hoffman's last thriller "A Most Wanted Man" 
 & on the goofier side "Guardians of the Galaxy" I've been a Chris Pratt Fan ever since Everwood so needless to say I'm pretty excited for this one. And on a hilarious side note, I love that Nan Lawson did a Rocket the Raccoon drawing lol :)
see more here


4. I'm loving this commercial, especially the laptop sticker of the funny looking cat in slow mo :)



5. I saw this story online awhile ago, about this girl painting Van Gogh's Starry Night on a thrifted dress for her prom, now that's dedication to a project!  And what do you know I was perusing Modcloth the other day, and I found a Starry Night dress. Anyway just wanted to share.



handpainted awesomeness



 Modcloth's version






What are you excited about lately?

2 comments:

ALLIE NYC said...

Oh yes Ansel Adams is a wonderful photographer.

Allie of ALLIE NYC
allienyc.com

Laila said...

I think I actually prefer the girl who painted her own dress? It's so beautiful, I'd love to do a big project like that next. xX

New inspiration and new projects

I love going to museums and admiring some of my favorite artists and discovering new ones too! My goal for this year was to visit a diffe...