1. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
I love the awesome soundtrack, Kirsten Wiig's amazing and endearing performance. The graphics and cinematography and the beautiful Icelandic landscape makes an awesome backdrop for Walter's adventure. Oh, yeah and Ben Stiller wasn't half bad! Anyway I loved it saw it twice already and will buy it on DVD later this year.
2. I saw this article in the paper about a local woman who makes applique art quilts, her technique is pretty amazing and her work is so fun to look at! If you look closely you can see the stitch detail! I would like to experiment more with fabric and embroidery in the future.
|this one is called Chihuly's Gondola and looks just like installation at the Arboretum|
3. I'm not much into Legos anymore but a recent development has made me so super giddy I think that will change soon.. the Simpsons House Lego Set!!!! You have to watch this awesome video where the designers explain the fun little details of the process and everything. I think I have missed my calling as a Lego Designer lol
4. Disney does some pretty great marketing from time to time, my favorite is celebrities dressed up like Disney characters from our favorite tales. Lovely photos by Annie Leibovitz.
|loving Jessica Chastain as Merida|
5. Pharrell is amazing songwriter and he's done an wonderful job on the Despicable Me soundtracks, I love the happy fun songs they put me in such a great mood! Pharrell was just nominated for an Oscar for best original song for "Happy". Check out the awesome, hilarious, dancey commercial for Beats By Dr. Dre Pill Speaker featuring "Happy"!
Happy Thursday Everyone!