Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Top 5 Tuesday


This is what I'm excited about this week! One of my favorite artist and etsy inspirations is the Black Apple. She paints marvelous paintings and creates all sorts of cute, and girly art. I am particularly smitten with her flower girl collection not sure yet which one is my favorite but right now it's the Geum painting.
I love her inquisitive expression

 I'm always excited about new movies and Wreck it Ralph is no exception. Much in the same vein as Pixar, Disney is taking ordinary objects and making them interesting and heartfelt. I am more excited about Ralph than Brave to me it's seems too similar to How to Train Your Dragon mixed with a headstrong Katniss type but we'll see. I'm trying to be open minded :)

Video game villains need support too


I mentioned in my last post that I wanted to go back to Dirt and I did sooner than expected. Now my strand of pearls succulent has a friend, a living stone succulent. I think it looks like cartoonish coral, and I can't wait to get some pretty flowers.

So happy together!




One of my favorite TV chefs, Eric Ripert always has a fun new spin on traditional recipes. My latest discovery is cauliflower couscous with blanched veggies.
Looks pretty amazing
He makes everything look so easy, I'm very excited to try it though, especially since my local fresh market carries bok choy. Get the recipe here.



And last but not least I love Sweet Bestiary's cute and playful creations. Especially her girls with bird pins. Her little monsters, finger puppets, and centaur like creatures are so quirky and sweet. But I'm quite taken with her latest offerings.
I love her attention to detail! Her braid is amazing

Hope the rest of your week goes swimmingly. What are you excited about lately?


photo locations: 1, 5

No comments:

New inspiration and new projects

I love going to museums and admiring some of my favorite artists and discovering new ones too! My goal for this year was to visit a diffe...