Thursday, December 27, 2012

Weekend Plans

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4477925/?claim=t2wqjnzfqah">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Since I didn't really take advantage of my long weekend last weekend, I am planning to take full advantage of my last one for awhile.
1. I'm going to see Silver Linings Playbook, Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence play a couple of messed up people. It's probably not everyone's cup of tea but two of my good friends have said they really liked it and so I'm off to see it.

2. I'm going to Target and Half Priced Books as they are both having sales.

3. I'm going to bake. I need to do a test run of my grandma's cookie recipe. They are chocolate nut cookies that have vanilla frosting and sprinkles. I know it might sound weird and simplistic, but every part is a necessity and creates a symphony of flavor in your mouth. You have to refrigerate the dough overnight and the last 2 years I have failed to make cookies even remotely resembling hers, this year I hope for better results.

4. I'm make a list of my goals for 2013. A lot of them are the usual, get healthier, adhere to a budget, but I have done it before and I intend to get back there and be awesome once again lol. I am for the first time in a long time excited about the future, and that in itself is exciting.

5. Getting ready for my annual Christmas party with friends. We never have it on Christmas, one year because everyone's  schedule was so crazy we had it in July, but since then we have come closer to December each year and for that I am proud. I really want to have a theme party, not necessarily for this occasion, but this has truly inspired me.
OH YEAH
6. I'd also like to get my art appreciation in. This is the last weekend the KAWS installation will be at the Modern. AND the Amon Carter is having an exhibit with artists from the 19th and 20th century with quite a few familiar names.
Georgia O'Keeffe

7. Also work some more on some new projects and stuff that I've already started. I recently drew my first complete fox, late at night when I was super tired. More often than not, things do not turn out well late at night, but I'm happy with how this turned out.
winter fox

Ok that's all for now, hope you have a wonderful weekend and Happy New Year! 2013 is gonna be great!

1 comment:

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Good for you for laying it all out on the line for 2013. Love the little fox too!! Super cute! Looks quite sly! Happy 2013 to you Kimmy!!
Jenn

New inspiration and new projects

I love going to museums and admiring some of my favorite artists and discovering new ones too! My goal for this year was to visit a diffe...