Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Top 5

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas, here's what I'm excited about........

1. You may have heard about people doing 20 or 26 acts of kindness in honor of the Sandy Hook victims. Replacing tragedy and hate with kindness and love, I think that's a wonderful way to honor people and to remind others that good is still out there. I am still thinking about what I want to do.
I found a good link for some suggestions though :)

2. My dear friend got my this awesome pie mold for my birthday. I have often wanted to experiment with these mini molds but I've never bought one. Now I have an excuse to experiment!
and it's start shaped too!

3. Speaking of baking, I went on a plant based diet kick a few years ago. I felt awesome, had energy and enjoyed experimenting in the kitchen. Not much of this is true anymore as I have fallen of the wagon and started eating fast food on a consistent basis again. But one thing I haven't stopped doing is indulging in the best brand I have found for heakthy baked goods. Immaculate Baking Company.
They don't use any artificial ingredients, and there organic and gluten free varieties. The ingredients they use are just amazing, and the pure flavor really shines through, no artificial aftertaste here.
I have only tried a couple of cookie varieties: regular chocolate chip and gingerbread spice but my favorite is TRIPLE CHOCOLATE! It's amazing!

And today I tried their gigantic cinnamon rolls, I would have taken a picture but I couldn't stop eating them lol
You will just have to take my word for it that they actually look like this out of the oven

Ok so a few years ago when I first discovered their line of products, I only saw them at my little local health store, than a larger health chain, now they are at Target and I saw the gingerbread ones in a huge pack at costco one year around the holidays. I encourage you to try them out with an open mind.
I'd start with the cinnamon rolls first :)


4. Matt Damon is one of my favorite actors, I really love Good Will Hunting  of course, and he's hilarious in all the Ocean movies and a great action star in the Bourne movies. Recently, I watched a family movie where he plays a dad in We Bought A Zoo. It was a really great performance, and good family film. But, I am really excited for Promised Land to come out. He plays a salesman for an natural gas company who travels to small farming towns to get the townspeople to let them drill.
Guess who plays the whistle blower farmer? John Kransinski! Yes, Jim from the Office. I'm really excited to see them go head to head. It's the same director as Good Will Hunting, so I've very interested to see how it will all play out. It's supposed to start playing everywhere Jan. 4th. Here's the trailer:


5. Zac Posen is becoming a judge on the next season of Project Runway. What can I say I love Zac Posen, he was just starting his label when I was in fashion school and I remember seeing his dresses on the front page of the the fashion section of my newspaper! He's very talented, young prodigy in the fashion world. He was 21 when he launched his label, his attention to detail is stunning. He really knows how to create dresses that add to a woman's beauty, and in this day and age it's hard to find a designer that doesn't have a gimmick. I'm going to have to expand on this some more in a different post, I need more room for more pictures :)

Happy Wednesday to you


No comments:

New inspiration and new projects

I love going to museums and admiring some of my favorite artists and discovering new ones too! My goal for this year was to visit a diffe...