Monday, March 10, 2014

Show & Tell- week 3 & 4

It's time for Show and Tell again! I've talked about past projects here . Sometimes there are unforeseen hiccups in life like illness or exhaustion, so we had to finish our projects within a couple weeks instead of just one. We decided that the goal would not always be to completely start and finish the project within a week but more importantly we would focus on making good progress on our projects and goals. I still feel like I have the momentum and drive to get more done during the week than I used to so I'm counting that as a small victory!


My friend Jenn has come up with really cool ideas lately, quilted initials. These are large oversized pillows with her kids initials that match their quilts!!! So freaking cute and adorable and customized and amazing! Custom orders are a possibility and stay tuned her shop is gonna have some great new goodies!!!


I worked on some drawings and brainstorming on how I could make them into stuffed animals.
Like my Valentine's Day take on a dapple dachshund, like Elsie's little sweetie Dolly!
photo from ABM

Dapple Dachshunds have swirls of black and gray and brown and are simply adorable!
I added heart shaped spots for a whimsical look. 


plush version

I used my fun fabric for the printer and did better on clipping my curves but I would like to make a larger version like 3 x the size so it's big and snugly :)

I also finally drew a sloth for a sweet coworker who loves them. This was a quick ipad sketch, I'd like to do another version and flesh out the details a little more. What projects are you working on?
Happy Friday!!!

5 comments:

Kyla said...

Oh, quilted initials, how creative! I also really love the little plush Dachshunds, what a great way to turn an illustration into something more. Right now I'm working on getting better at sewing...slowly but surely!

ALLIE NYC said...

That IS a cute idea! And love how your doggie pillow turned out.

Allie of ALLIE NYC
allienyc.com

Laila said...

I love sloths also and that one is adorable! I've just found your blog too :) exciting! XX

simply bev said...

Love the puppy pillow and the sloth is adorable!

Nerd Burger said...

I can't believe you made that pillow of Dolly. It's so rad!!!

New inspiration and new projects

I love going to museums and admiring some of my favorite artists and discovering new ones too! My goal for this year was to visit a diffe...