Thursday, July 18, 2013

Anthropologie Anniversary

I had no idea that it was Anthropologie's 20th anniversary?! I saw on facebook that they were bringing back 20 pieces they love. I thought I would take this opportunity to share some my favorite pieces over the years.
Katherine from Corgis and Cocktails is a fan of Anthro, she loves dresses and this one is one of my favorites, love that birdie print!
love her outfit posts!


I think my first purchase was this candy colored striped dress. I stalked it online for a while and it finally went on sale and my size was sold out. I did happened to see it marked down at the store in a petite but still I had to have it so I did. I still really love it to this day the candy colored stripes, red stitching and ruffled hem are so sweet and lovely.


worn with my sweater from Target





close up of hem, stripes and stitch detail


My next big crush was also on a dress, that I used my 10% birthday discount to buy. I was captivated by the swan print, the lush brocade fabric, the bodice detail and of course the pockets!





But it was kinda short and too fancy to wear to work... it reminds me of a dress and ice skater would wear to an after party I still love it but I don't think I could pull it off on a regular basis. I ended up returning it, it was just too expensive and not versatile enough.

Here is a recent favorite that I actually was able to snag on sale. I really do love the color and embroidery, see more here.





Also this recent favorite, I'm not really a fan of the high-low hem on myself, but something about the stripes and cut makes it look so sophisticated. It was super cute in the pink too but that's sold out so you'll just have to take my word for it ;)



Last but not least, these devastatingly gorgeous pair of heels by Tracy Reese. I love the mixed materials and deep jewel tones. I could go on again but I already posted about them here.




Out of the reissued pieces I wasn't an overall fan of the entire collection. I think this dress was a recent piece as I vaguely remember it from a few months ago.
tropics dress

This top is really cute, I love the mixed patterns and the embroidery detail on the sleeves.
Mixed Print Top
Some of it's over the top as far as ruffles and animal motifs, but an interesting concept. So what are your all time favorites, do you think you will buy anything from the anniversary collection?

4 comments:

Belphoebe said...

You look absolutely lovely! This is such a cute post :)

http://www.ragsoflove.com/ xx

Magical Daydream said...

We don't have anthropology stores in the Netherlands, but I understand why you love these :)

Introverted Art said...

I LOVE the mary janes ;-)

Katherine said...

AW! Thank you for featuring me. I am a huge anthro fan. I kind of wanted the dog cardigan ( I still might end up breaking down and buying it ) but for sure, their clothing lasts FOREVER. All of my antho clothing has lasted me for ages, including a top I bought in 2006! I love that white-ish dress with the black and yellow print - I haven't seen that one before!

New inspiration and new projects

I love going to museums and admiring some of my favorite artists and discovering new ones too! My goal for this year was to visit a diffe...