Sunday, February 3, 2013

Food and Fun

I had a really great time hanging out with one of my friends Friday night, we love to go to fun places to eat and she is a fearless Dallas driver (I am not at all). So we went to the best pizza place in Dallas, Cane Rosso, the first time we went we got to sit in front of the oven and watch the delicious pizza bake which was awesome, but this time we got a regular table and separate pizzas, because I really wanted to savor the leftovers :)

The flavors are so fresh and amazing, it takes me back to my brief Italian memories. It is made according to Neapolitan standards, so you know it's good quality. They have amazing dessert pizza too, which I have never really been a fan until I tried their Bella Mena which is vanilla bean mascarpone with caramelized apples with a caramel drizzle...yep amazing.

Pizza Bliss

Then we went to my favorite pie place for dessert. To my surprise and delight they new seasonal pies for Valentine's Day, a strawberry, raspberry, rhubarb pie, a red velvet chess pie and last but not least good old key lime, which I had been craving for quite a while. My friend tried Lord of the Pies ala mode, and I had a little taste and it was freaking amazing, next time I'm getting that one :)


my friend with lord of the pies

I also went to a painting class and still need to finish my painting, a separate post on that later :)

Recently, I started thinking about baby owls, some of my friends are pregnant so I was thinking about making their kids a cute softie.


I was debating between closed or open eyes, and I went with closed eyes. I thought it would be fun to make the body and the wings contrast and I had to add a cute little bow of course.


I will have to add more stuffing and take better pictures this week :)

This weekend was jam packed with stuff I love to do: eat at awesome places, painting, and sewing. Usually only one of these things gets done so I'm glad I got to do so much and that doesn't even count the Superbowl. I've got big plans, for February and I'm going to set a calendar get focused and accomplishment some fun ideas. What have you got planned for Feb?

2 comments:

Meg said...

That pizza looks so good! And cute cute owl!! Xo

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

Your evening sounds amazing! First the pizza then the pie. I would have wanted to savor the leftovers too!

And that owl stuffed animal you made is adorable. Great decision in choosing the closed eyes. :)

XO, SSDS

New inspiration and new projects

I love going to museums and admiring some of my favorite artists and discovering new ones too! My goal for this year was to visit a diffe...