Sunday, November 25, 2012

Back to the drawing board

So I mentioned awhile ago that I was going to work on making a bunny plush, well it started out ok and then I had a problem with the ears. Then I can up with an ear solution, but still ran into problems.
It's still not turning out like I want, but out of that came more concept sketches so I am excited about that. I'm still going to play with some ideas this week, right now I'm thinking about koalas and platypuses lol
bunny attempt #1



close up of the face





bunny attempt #2 he looks like a neon tater tot lol



I finally got frustrated enough to switch gears and start working on drawings again. I finished my scarf owl and I'm happy with how he turned out. I tried some different techniques on the tree bark and the background.

 I also got some new pansies, I really love pansies they are my favorite fall flower, with their happy little faces, pretty color variations and pleasant subtle fragrance.......what more could you want from a flower?


My Thanksgiving was wonderful watching the parade, cooking and hanging out. I was so happy to see the Kaws balloon in the parade. See more about the balloon and the process here.


The leaves have really started to turn finally and it makes for a beautiful back road drive.
I did pretty good Black Friday and got some pretty good deals online, will have to do a fashion post soon :)


2 comments:

Purple Quilter Queen said...

OMG - I SO love the tater top bunny!!! He is adorable!!!! The pink bunny is super cute too! Personally I think her ears were just fine before.

Heidi's Wanderings said...

I love the owl with a scarf. It's so cute.

http://heidiswanderings.blogspot.com/

New inspiration and new projects

I love going to museums and admiring some of my favorite artists and discovering new ones too! My goal for this year was to visit a diffe...