Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Design Inspiration: Oilily

When I was in fashion school, I spent a lot of time at the best mall in the area, looking at all the stores and exploring all that fashion had to offer. On one of my trips, I discovered a Dutch based store that specializes in beautifully bright designs & prints for kids and women. I love how fun and whimsical their designs are and how functional they are at the same time. My favorite thing about their design aesthetic for children is it's not mini versions of adults clothes: they express the humor and whimsy of childhood in bright patterns. The clothes celebrate childhood and that's what is so wonderful. I wish more American design companies had this mindset, but thanks to the internet we can discover and enjoy awesome design from all over the world.

Speaking of which, I'm head over heels for their children's bags: bright, fun and functional.

Whale bag





fish backpack

truck lunch bag

and my favorite the owl bag

The prints are so happy and let's face it they have the cutest models ever!



love this outfit down to the cute little  boots
The boy stuff is cute too!
 

Their products for Women are of course more adult but the prints are still lovely and saturated.
Check out more here. Who's designs are exciting to you?? I 'd love to hear from you.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

pictures from here and there

No comments:

New inspiration and new projects

I love going to museums and admiring some of my favorite artists and discovering new ones too! My goal for this year was to visit a diffe...