Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Little Moments

I had a whirlwind of a weekend, I went to visit family and it was so good to see everyone! It's one thing to catch up on the phone and on facebook but it's so good to see your family in person. It was so nice to finally meet little ones I had only seen in pictures and get to see their cute little personalities in action, those nice little moments that turn into memories.



My grandfather meeting his newest great grandchild


I also got to test out a drawing app for ipad. I have been wanting to do this for months!!! It was so great to get to sketch with my finger and paint and mix the colors together. I had done research previously and was interested in Sketchbook Pro, but it has a lot a tools and I just wanted something that I already knew that I could just jump in and use so I went with Adobe Ideas.


This is my winter bear sketch, I went kinda crazy with the scarf and the hat  experimenting with texture and layering.


Flowers are always fun to draw :)















I used different tools on this drawing. the paintbrush has a fine pointed tip which I used on the flower. On parts of hummingbird, I  used the marker tool which has a thicker line to it.

I only had a couple days to play with it, I can't imagine how awesome it would be to try drawing with a stylus. Have you used any new apps or techniques in your projects?

On a side note this is my 100th post, glad I got to cross of a long time goal of testing out a drawing app and share some new sketches :) Hope you have a great week!












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the hummingbird -- but especially like the 'memories' of your grandfather and new greatgrandchild -- awesome!!

New inspiration and new projects

I love going to museums and admiring some of my favorite artists and discovering new ones too! My goal for this year was to visit a diffe...