Thursday, September 12, 2013

Candy Corn Cutie

In anticipation for Fall, I've started thinking about Halloween drawings and creatures, and I was playing with the idea of a cute little candy corn.



I was thinking about how playful and fun she looked with appendages but at the last minute decided to go against it when I whipped up my plush prototype.


This was my first experience with printable fabric, it feels like a canvas type material. Just print, peel off the paper backing and your ready to sew. I'm so glad my friend, let me have some of this fabric to experiment with. I think I'm kind of addicted now, and I'm thinking about more creatures and animals and maybe seeing how things come out on Spoonflower, for better wear and tear and color representation.



I used some candy corn fabric for the back side, I got on clearance a few months ago at Cabbage Rose, they have a great selection of everything, I love to go there and explore and dream about possible projects.
back view


Anyway I'm excited for Fall and for Halloween, what Fall projects have you been working on lately?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable, I am so ready for a season change.

New inspiration and new projects

I love going to museums and admiring some of my favorite artists and discovering new ones too! My goal for this year was to visit a diffe...