Saturday, March 17, 2012

Stuffed animals and more

Trying to more drawings done, but in the meantime, I thought I'd share my other recent obsession: making stuffed animals.

Soon after I started drawing owls, I thought why not try drawing on fabric and making a stuffed owl. The owl on the left, I made a few months ago in a creative fervor one night after work. I decided to experiment with stitching to enhance his features, I'd like to experiment more with that in the future.  I drew his girlfriend soon after but I just finished coloring and assembling her today. I am pleased with how she turned out.
Why yes that is a bow in her feathers
 I am still working on my technique and creating workable proportions.
teeny tiny owl
In other news, I saw the Lorax. While some details were changed in this version, I thought it was still really great. It's so fun to see his quirky drawings interpreted in all the colorful nuances computer animation has to offer.
I wish we could have spent more time with the cute little animals though
 I'd also like to share my favorite TV show opening, it gets points for having a catchy song, ridiculous props, and encapsulating the show's plot in under 30 second. YAY

Hope to get more done this week, I have so many new fun things to share!

No comments:

New inspiration and new projects

I love going to museums and admiring some of my favorite artists and discovering new ones too! My goal for this year was to visit a diffe...