Sunday, November 2, 2014

Inspired by Mary Katrantzou

I've been meaning to post for a while, I've been distracted with doodling and instagram. I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who participated in the one lovely blogger questions, I really enjoy the blogger community and the bloggers I nominated, thanks for your interesting and inspiring posts.  :)

I have admired Mary Katrantzou for a while now, she is known for her awesome use of patterns, she uses prints as a sort of optical illusion to accentuate the curves of the body. I love to see how every season she builds on the last and always takes it to a new level.
A look from her 2014 resort collection


I love the large scale jewels and different colors as a pattern (Spring 2014)

 I absolutely fell head over heels when she took her patterns to a new place with letters and lace in her Resort 2015 collection




I was kinda wondering how long it would take the trendy stores to hop on her pattern and print trend. When I saw this awesome skirt in a large scale jewel print very similar to hers at H&M, I thought  it was awesome but where would I wear it? It would be good for holiday parties but it's pretty flashy. I'm still on the fence about it.

Then I heard about her collaboration with Adidas!!!! This is the most excited I've been about a designer collaboration in years. I live in sneakers and love fun patterns so it doesn't get much better than this for me.  Mary's Adidas collection comes out mid November.


photos from style.com

I'm pretty sure the sportswear trend is here to stay for a while. Who are you inspired by lately? What designer collaborations are you excited about?


3 comments:

Traci said...

I love those shoes! Definitely more unique than any sneakers that I have in my closet.

ALLIE NYC said...

Wow you are a sucker for patterns, these are great. i know her designs are wonderful. I don't own anything like this, but I really want to.

Allie of ALLIE NYC
allienyc.com

jessica // union shore said...

i'm always distracted my instagram too! and I need to doodle/sketch more! it good to step away from the computer/phone and just be creative!

New inspiration and new projects

I love going to museums and admiring some of my favorite artists and discovering new ones too! My goal for this year was to visit a diffe...