Wednesday, February 29, 2012

new blog features, baking and Oscars

Hello and Happy Wednesday!
I added blogs I follow on the right side bar, they are mostly food, fashion, and craft related, I know that's a surprise but check it out you might find something new and fun. Also I added email subscription bar at the top of the blog so you can subscribe to FTF by email :)
I tried making a key lime pie for the first time this weekend, and I was pleasantly surprised how easy the recipe came together. I used cinnamon graham crackers and coconut oil in place of butter for the crust( just like Babycakes taught me) and squeezed all the limes myself :)
edible happiness

Now to master cheesecake, among other things.

I was kind of underwhelmed by the red carpet at the Oscars, but these were my favorites:

Natalie Portman: Vintage Dior ( Love it! )

Octavia Spencer: Tadashi Shoji (awesome beading detail)


Michele Williams: Louis Vuitton (everything looks good with her short hair)

Penelope Cruz: Giorgio Armani ( love the silhouette, she's always elegant)


Was anyone surprised that "The Artist" won Best Picture? I wasn't I knew the Academy would delight in a concept that celebrates movies and nostalgia. I still haven't seen it yet, I plan to soon though. I was surprised to find out what else Bérénice Bejo has appeared in ( she plays the leading lady in "Artist"). I will admit " A Knight's Tale" is one of my favorite silly movies and  I  can't believe I didn't recognize her sooner, although it is a small part, she plays the Princess' Lady in waiting or whatever you want to call it!

Hope to have more craft/art related things soon!

                                                                    She's the one on the left by the way

In "The Artist"








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so upbeat and care free i love it! also i would like to try some of your pie please

paper bird said...

I thought Penelope Cruz's dress was pretty too, but she was put on a "worst dressed" list that is saw! They said she looked "matronly". I think the word they were really searching for was "modest"

Anonymous said...

I agree - the Clark exhibit at the Kimball in Fort Worth is AWESOME !!!!

New inspiration and new projects

I love going to museums and admiring some of my favorite artists and discovering new ones too! My goal for this year was to visit a diffe...